Friday, March 6, 2009

Expenditure - Recent Wish List...

In the grand scheme of things, while in dire economical situation like this, it's probably a better idea to keep expenditure minimum. Nonetheless, some buying urges had been lingering in my mind for a while. Probably won't hurt listing them.

  1. NDSL - An odd desire and even more oddly motivationed by Jam Sessions. I've heard reviews and comments on this device. I've seen them being played on the bus. My daily conversation with friend J seems to always involve NDS games, one way or the other. Friend H also praised it over PSP. It looks nice and touch-screen is a cool element in gaming (so to speak). So why not? I guess not enough motivation. I got PS2 for the notorious Dynasty Warriors series. Some say it's repetitive and all but, hey, kept me hooked and interested for a while. Can't say I'm currently hooked by any NDS games right now (not like I've actually got my hands on playing one of these). Spec-wise, NDS also looks uninteresting comparing to PSP. I guess all that make me have second thought before actually getting one myself...
  2. DSLR with IS in-body - A long-time wish since I experienced the bittersweet (more sweet, less bitter) of IS on my SD850IS. My motto right now tends to be "A shaken image is worse than underexposed/overexposed pictures," since the latter can somewhat be adjusted in post-processing, while the former is a pain and tends not to be fixable. Some might not agree with me but I can value IS over large aperture. So why not? The main reason is price. Need to get the body, get lens(es), and the combined cost is nothing to sneer at. Secondly, it's a complete system, so need to somehow get rid of my existing Rebel XT + lenses... which is quite a hassle to me. The third reason is due to wishful thinking, but I'll throw it out here anyway since it's a wish list. Canon still seems to have the best high ISO performances than the competitors, and its image processor has rather pleasing colors comparing to the others. I guess I'm just too used to the Canon advantages to look at others without...

Can't think of much else right now other than some more far-fetched ones... oh well. Keeping the wish list short is one good way to keep oneself content, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment