Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Monster Hunter Tri

Tried it out last night; one main thought: Wow can't believe they can get something like this on Wii!

Most Wii games I played do not pay that much attention to graphical realism. After all, Wii never really boasts its 3D capabilities. I'm surprised (but also glad) to see MHT managed to get Wii to exercise its 3D muscle a bit. The environment feels like some MMORPG games I've played before.

Control is fun but awkward at times. Okay awkward is a poor choice of words. You can swing the WiiMote or press A to strike. It was fine when I wielded a hunter knife (sword + shield combo). It was relatively responsive... just need to take a bit used to. Went back into town and realized I picked up a 2-Hand Sword somewhere, so I equipped that. Went into the field and was gonna hunt down some gazelles, and realized I'm like swinging an iron brick. WiiMote made sure you feel the difference of the weight/speed of different kinds of weapons... I guess being awkward is a good thing in this case.

They say this game has a relatively high learning curve... but I find it fine so far. It's certainly better than some of the MMORPGs I've played when I started out in those games. I guess I've dabbled in MMORPGs enough that anything more than a grindfest is considered all right lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment